As far as I can remember
"I've loved the game of basketball more than anyone has ever loved anything or anyone."
Sports in general have a way of bringing people together in ways that nothing else can. They are the common denominator between the rich and the poor, the black and the white. The game of basketball has been a teacher of life for me. The court has been place of refuge during good times and bad. For the past 25 years of my life, the lessons learned have transcended the gym into every aspect of my life.
"We don't play for the accolades. We play for ourselves, we play for each other, and mostly we play for the love of the game."
When I'm not playing basketball or watching basketball:
- I'm building my company, Krossover
- I'm investing in startups through Courtside Ventures
- I'm blogging at CocoPebble
- I am reading Archer, Gladwell, and Grisham
- I am watching HBO, Showtime, or ESPN 30 for 30
- I am traveling the world
- I am helping to use sports as a catalyst for change though the Crossover Basketball and Scholars Academy
- I support the V Foundation for Cancer Research and Peace Players International
The Internet is my Oyster
My mother says one day I will need to be admitted into technology rehab. She's probably right. You can find me online at any or all of these destinations: